Monday, February 21, 2022

va Zombi Rock (1987)


 

This is a compilation cassette from Italy. It's a selection of bands who really didn't release anything outside of this compilation and this label didn't release anything but this tape.

A couple of bands had some success - Strike is probably the most successful but Madhouse also released a few things. 

The other bands can only be heard on this compilation which can be described as post-punk/goth/metal with some hard rock (think early AC/DC)  and even some minimal synth. I mean very minimal amateur synth. 

I think the bands Shark Beat and Room 101 had some real potential (even though Shark Bite's song was a cover).

1 Purple Flashes - This is My Right

2 LTD - Watchout

3 The Strike - What'd You Say?

4 Pin Up - Euroamericans

5 Shark Beat - In the Midnight Hour

6 Sub Way - I Can't Wait 

7 Madhouse - Madhouse

8 Overthrow Rags - Comunque Duri

9 Chain - Dead Garbage

10 Room 101 - Blood

11 Mabel Violet - Mabel Violet

12 Radio On - Radio On

13 Restless - Make Up

 

DOWNLOAD

3 comments:

  1. Hi, is it possible to reupload "Uptown Downtown" by the Giant Steppers (if you still have it)? It was shared on Tone And Wave in 2012. I can't comment there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. It seems I don't have it anymore. There's a chance I have it on an old CD but I have hundreds of old unmarked CDs. It could take months of going through them. If I ever do find it I will re-post it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been collecting Dennis Bovell remixes, and was hoping to add "Updub Downdub". I have hundreds of CDR's too, so I understand completely.

      Delete