Sunday, April 28, 2019

Vegimite Reggae

A - Too Many Years
B - Love is Gone

Trendy Ex-Hippies (1987)
1 Send it Out
2 Open the Door
3 Way Away
4 Rude Boy Rude Girl
5 For Love
6 Faces
7 Fat Girl
8 Illusions
9 I Need You
10 Latin Lover

*Stairway to Heaven

I posted the album on Tone and Wave many years ago. I knew the song Rude Boy Rude Girl so I was expecting a ska album. I was wrong. With a name like "Vegimite REGGAE" most people would assume they'd play a bit of reggae on occasion but that's not the case. Like Johnny Rivers' "L.A. Reggae" album which had no reggae at all. I was disappointed with it but I already knew what I was getting myself into when I got the single so I was less judgemental and I actually like the single quite a bit.

DOWNLOAD from Mediafire


2 comments:

  1. "I was expecting ska" is a reoccurring theme on this blog. I guess crate digging has its ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I was expecting ska" is the underlying premise of the blog. While doing Tone and Wave for the last twelve years I would buy anything and everything that the seller said was ska. In the early days when there were vastly more blogs out there a lot of the "ska" based blogs posted equal amounts of punk and rockabilly and whatever else so I decided to keep Tone and Wave as purely ska as I could but I have so many other things that just don't fit the mood so it was always a consideration to start another blog to share everything else. Since most of my audience at this time on this blog are migrating from that blog I'm posting a lot of stuff that they might have in their wantlist without having heard it first.

      I'll try to balance it out a bit more.

      Delete