Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Method - Chances (1980) & The Method singles


 Studio time is expensive. It was really expensive in 1980. When I hear bands releasing records with cover songs (especially if it's a song that's been covered over and over again) or if they release a record of them just fucking around in the studio I can't help but think  "You have a whole band, you have a producer, and you have studio time - and this is what you did with it?? While there are so many talented bands that never get the opportunity to record in a studio and release a record on a label you were blessed with that gift and this is what you did with it??"

I listened to this record a few times before it dawned on me. This was an established talented band that could have made a good record but, in true punk rock fashion, they used this opportunity to say "fuck you" to the music industry instead. Including their own manager, producer, and record label. 

It's said that there were only 200 copies of this record made. There was a time in my life that I thought I would never own a copy myself because of how rare and expensive it is. 

I finally found a copy and the cover is in shameful condition. I honestly believe that someone pissed on it at some point in the last forty years or so.The record is not very good but I think it's all for good reason. This band could have been bigger but they were held back by the people that were supposed to make them big. They got screwed over. And they make that clear on this record. 

For being as rare as it is there are ten copies for sale on Discogs as I write this. And they are cheaper that what I paid for my copy. And I bet most of them have never been saturated in urine. 

I included two of the bands 7"s in this download to show what they really did sound like. They had 3 singles but both tracks from one of the singles is on the album so I didn't include that one. 


The Method - Chances (1980)

1 Snippets (live)

2 Circular Dreams (live)

3 Making Do (live)

4 Taking Liberties (live)

5 Over, Under, Sideways, Down (live)

6 The Biz

7 Little Lazers

8 Normally Abnormal

9 Poem - The Method Owed

10 Chances

11 Making Music Play

__________________________________________________


The Method - Kings on the Corner 7" (1977)

A - Kings on the Corner

B - Dynamo

________________________________________________


The Method - Taking Liberties 7" (1980)

A - Taking Liberties

B - The Pink Panther


DOWNLOAD

2 comments:

  1. Maybe if you buy the other copies and shit all over them yours will become more valuable and you can sell it at top dollar.
    Don't thank me for the tip, just have some wine or do whatever millionaires do.
    Cheers and a good year.

    ReplyDelete