Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Plaid Cow - Sunshine of Your Love 12" (1988)

 Female-fronted new wave cover of the classic song. My record sucks as far as pops are concerned but it's not unlistenable.

I don't only collect music but I collect books as well. I know 'reading' is one of the most common and most boring of all hobbies but I aim for rare and forbidden books whose topics sometimes bleed into the mainstream. I don't see how the term "conspiracy theorist" is an insult in any way. 

That being said, I had a copy of "Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon" by David McGowan for years but I never got around to reading it. So recently I cracked it open. A bit more mainstream than what I normally read but it was good. I grew up around that area. I have stories to tell myself. 

 The Internet Archive is down and may be down for a while so I included a PDF copy of this book in this download. This record and the book go well together.

 Enjoy the music. Read the book. 

You'll laugh. You'll cry. It'll change your life.

 (Yes, this is a Dylan Moran quote from Black Books)

 

 

A1 - Sunshine of Your Love

A2 - Softly I Stand

B - Sunshine of Your Love (Tired Eyes Mix)

 

DOWNLOAD 


No comments:

Post a Comment